Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Chemo side effects 14 months later

3 weeks ago I had a migraine. I used to have migraines once a month before I had kids. My doctor told me they were hormonal and I found that to be very true. Once I became pregnant with Claire the migraines stopped. I’ve had one other migraine since that time and it was caused by an ectopic pregnancy. So 3 weeks ago when one hit me out of the blue it was scary and caused me to be super sick. The pain part lasted for 24 hours and then I had some ocular issues for a few more days. 
While we were at Disney, our last day in parks I felt one coming on. Medication knocked it out and I was able to enjoy our last day. Fast forward to last Wednesday night. I had felt a sinus infection coming on. I called my PCP and got an antibiotic for the infection. Thursday I woke up and couldn’t get out of bed. Late Thursday I called my oncologist- your mind goes to some dark places when you’ve had cancer. Friday my amazing doctor met with me virtually and put my mind at ease. Migraines are very common after chemo, especially in women my age. Chemo wipes out your hormones and mine are trying to kick start back up. She gave me a lot of medication to help try and manage the pain and they have basically made me sleep since Friday. I’m OVER it. I’m not sure how long this will last but it is for sure not fun or anything I would wish on anyone. I even said today that chemo was easier than these migraines - and it’s true. I knew how long I would feel bad and 99% of the time it was over after 24 hours. 
So I’m asking for prayers. I’m not functioning well right now and the pain is like I said intense. So if you have a few extra minutes please pray for relief for me. 

No comments: